Catholic flux

Competition: a book of your choice

This post requires JavaScript. Make sure it’s enabled in your browser. If you are viewing this article in a feed reader, you must visit the original post to enter the contest.

I love to read; no matter what’s going on in your life you can always retreat to the safety of a book, immersing yourself in another world where you’re a spy or a knight or a washerwoman. I was originally planning on giving away a few of my recent reads, but since everyone’s taste in books is different I’m going to give away a book of your choice.

Why?

It’s pretty scary when I look at my analytics page and see the amount of visitors that Catholic Flux attracts. I mean, it’s nothing compared to the hundreds or thousands of people who visit other blogs, but it’s still really nice to think that people pop by to see what I’ve written. It’s even scarier when I look at my Feedburner and see the number of people who are subscribed – there are people that actually want to know when I post!

So, I’m giving away a book to say thanks. I hope you’ve found the stuff I’ve posted so far useful, it seems that a lot of people liked my “Methods for Personal Prayer”; it makes me feel good about myself that I could’ve influenced someone’s spiritual development by posting my thoughts to my corner of the internet. I want to make you feel good in return, by giving you a book of your choice

What can you win

If you’re chosen at random, I’ll give you a book of your choice. That’s right, you can have any book at a reasonable price from Amazon.co.uk. It doesn’t have to be Catholic, though that would be appropriate I suppose. You choose what you’d like, and I’ll even pay for it and any postage & packaging charges.

Enter

Rules

  • This is my competition, not anyone else’s. This blog is not a democracy, I decide who wins and my decision is final.
  • The winner will be chosen at random.
  • One entry per person, don’t be greedy!
  • Protestants need not apply. Kidding! Everyone’s welcome to enter, from anywhere in the world.
  • I’m paying for the postage and packaging to your door!
  • Depending on your location, delivery times may vary.
  • Not endorsed or affiliated with Amazon.co.uk, they just have a massive selection of books.
  • Books only. No movies. Or cash.
  • Praying may increase your chances of winning and isn’t classed as cheating.
  • Closing date: 10th August 2009.
  • To cover my back, I will refuse to send a book that I believe could be used in an unlawful or irresponsible way (e.g. I’m not gonna send “Terrorism for dummies”, if such books exist on Amazon.co.uk).
  • This competition shall be judged by the laws of England and Wales, should I get into any legal hot water (doubtful).

Good luck!

Labels: ,

  • Created
    10.7.09
  • Author
    Lincoln Harper
  • Reaction
    0 comments
  • Link 
    Permalink
  • Share
    Bookmark and Share

Notable

Guide

Catholicism vs. Christianity

Review

In the media

Prayer intentions

Vatican.va

Vatican.va desperately needs to be updated

Methods for personal prayer »

We're all taught what to pray, but often how to pray is forgotten.

In this guide we'll explore ways that you can pray in your every day life.

The authority of the bible »

Catholicism and other Christian denominations are divided by lots of things, but arguably the most important is the role and nature of the bible.

Brother Sun, Sister Moon poster

Brother Sun, Sister Moon

BBC: Are nuns normal? »

A documentary series called "Am I normal?" aired on BBC 2 last year in which a psychologist explored 'normal'. In this particular episode, she tackled religion.

Trustworthy government and prisoners »

In recent times, the House of Commons has come into disrepute.

Sometimes it can be too easy to forget prisoners.